Thursday, August 30, 2012

PINK or BLUE, either will do!!

Michael and I are so excited that we finally get to share the news with everyone! Here are some pictures of our little one and some memories over the past 13 weeks that I am journaling so that I remember down the road. Baby Repking will make his/her debut sometime in early March!

This is how we announced the big news to Michael's family right before we moved to Denver (by the way that is Bocephus)
 
First ultrasound to confirm that there was a little bean in there!
 
It's growing! (9 weeks)
 
Precious baby feet that I can't wait to kiss! (loves crossing it's ankles)
 
Sweet little one! (12 weeks)
 

How Far Along: 13 weeks and 1 day

Maternity Clothes: Not yet.
 
Gender: We are happy either way :)
 
Movement: Not yet.
 
Sleep: I can't get enough!
 
What I miss: Sleep! Every once in a while I still want a Dr. Pepper and I've been enjoying my extremely diluted coffee and tea in the morning.
 
Cravings: I don't have any specific cravings, although I enjoy cooking more and can't stand the smell of fast food!
 
Best Moment this week: Having a little more energy to exercise and to get some things done around the house.

Other random symptoms from the past couple of months: I want to be able to remember these details.
-I was completely drained and exhausted the first 9 weeks but regained some energy and enjoyed lots of hikes in TX and a 6 mile hike with Mom and Michael at Rocky Mountain National Park.
-We got to hear and see the heartbeat at 6, 7, 9 and 12. How amazing is it that such a tiny little person can have such a strong heartbeat! I thought I would cry, but I just kept smiling. It was such a relief to see the flicker every time.
-I am so lucky to be able to have had Michael at all of my appointments.
-From the moment I found out I was pregnant there hasn't been a night that I've slept straight
through without having to get up to use the bathroom.
-I get full really fast. It's too bad, because I'm starving all the time. :)
-A few days of nausea in the first 8 weeks and random waves of nausea here and there. I haven't actually gotten sick once. I am considering myself a very lucky lady. The nausea is completely gone. (fingers crossed!)
-My sense of smell has been strong since almost the day I found out I was pregnant this can be good or bad depending on the situation ;)
-During our transnuchal ultrasound we (Mom, Michael and I) were able to see our precious little one from it's head to its toes. This was one of the best days of my life! The baby was showing us his/her dance moves and crossing it's ankles. The ultrasound tech even made a guess at the baby's gender! We will share this later as it's not 100% yet.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Whitney!!!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you two! Can't wait to meet the little one! Best wishes with the remainder of your pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete