Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Miguel!

Michael aka Miguel (this is what my sister calls him) and I share the same birthday week! I love that we get to celebrate our birthdays together because the celebration just keeps on going and I feel like it is my birthday all week! Michael's birthday was on Friday the 24th and my birthday will be on Tuesday the 28th. To celebrate, we went out to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant called the Happy Mexican. We have been trying to find a good Mexican restaurant in Memphis for a long time and we finally did! It was delicious! I should've taken pictures of the food but they won me over with their chili relleno. YUMM! I will continue to tell about our fun filled weekend in pictures!
New turtle neck I snagged at Target for $3.50! I love good deals!

The birthday boy at Happy Mexican! They sang him a song, gave him an enormous shot of Tequila and then did this...

We had so much fun! Michael kept clapping his hands and saying ARRIBA!
Michael and Layne at the Flying Saucer!

My sister-in-law Maria, and I!

Happy Birthday!

We drove around Memphis and showed Michael's family Mud Island and the MS River

For dinner we went to the Butcher Shop! They had delicious steaks!
I had the Filet and Michael had a T-bone

After dinner we came back to our house and sang Happy Birthday, had dessert, and opened presents. I had so much fun celebrating our birthdays with Michael's family! Their family has a precious tradition of singing "May the good Lord bless you" to the tune of Happy Birthday after singing Happy Birthday. I love learning about their family traditions and continuing them in our own little family :) They were all so sweet to drive to Southaven to celebrate with us. 25 has been a crazy year with a lot of changes good and bad! I will be doing a post on my 25th year next week. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
-Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment