Friday, October 19, 2012

It's a...


Michael and I are so excited to finally get to tell everyone that we are having a BOY! We feel so incredibly blessed and thankful that God has chosen us to be his parents and we can not wait to meet our little guy! I missed posting a picture and updates during weeks 18 & 19 because I have been sick. I have been sick for almost two weeks with a sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis so I haven't been feeling up to doing anything. Luckily I was able to get some medicine and I'm slowly but surely starting to feel normal again!

How far along: 20 weeks and 2 days

Baby's size: 6.5 inches long and about 10 ounces. The size of mango and the length of a banana. During the ultrasound, the ultrasound tech said that our little guy is measuring in about 12 ounces.
 
Sleep: Not sleeping well at all thanks to the sickness. Hopefully this will change soon!

Weight: 5 lbs. My diet has consisted of a lot of soup but I am sure this number will grow as soon as I'm over everything.
 
Maternity Clothes: Still not wearing my maternity clothes yet. My old clothes are a little tight and my maternity clothes are way too big so I'm in this awkward in between phase.  

Food cravings: I have not been hungry at all which is weird and nothing tastes good these days because I can't smell or taste anything :(

Food aversions: Everything but soup.

Symptoms I have: Heart burn...not a fan!

Doctor’s Appointment: We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and it was one of the best days of our lives :) We were able to spend 30 minutes watching our little guy move and show us his little personality. The ultrasound tech said that his profile looks like Michael and I agree! He has grown so much and he is such a feisty little guy! We are so in love with him already!
 
Movement: I feel him move ALL the time! I even felt him kick from the outside yesterday and today and I can't wait for Michael to feel it too.

Belly Button: Innie

Gender: All BOY!!
 
What I’m looking forward to: Having Michael feel the little guy move and looking pregnant instead of pudgy...
 
19 Weeks
 
 
After our appointment, Michael and I went out to dinner to celebrate. We went to Magianos because we both were wanting Italian and it was delicious! They give you so much food and if you order one of their pasta dishes they give you a second pasta dish to take home for dinner for the next night! I was thrilled because that means no cooking and cleaning up for me :)
 
We are so excited about our little guy!
 
 

 3 bags of leftovers...ridiculous
 
After dinner, we carved a pumpkin for our little man as a way to announce to our family and friends that we are having a boy!
 
 
 
 
And finally, the pictures of our little guy :)

He was not modest at all!
 
His left hand up by his face. Maybe he will be a lefty like his mom :)
 
Sweet little chin!
 
I think he is the most precious little guy in the world!
 
I can't wait to kiss these little feet.
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!! Brandon and Lydia are having a boy also! Can't wait to meet this new little guy at Campmeeting next year!
    -Lindsey Driver Merritt

    ReplyDelete