Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leaf Pepping

So it is officially Fall! I've heard several reports from the locals, that in CO we don't really have Fall. The weather kind of just jumps from Summer to Winter and I believe it! It is a chilly 36 degrees here with a high of 54 today! I definitely feel like I am getting accustomed to the dry cooler weather, but taking Beau out to use the restroom barefoot was a little ridiculous. I know I am going to enjoy all this cooler weather when I am further along in this pregnancy and feeling large and in charge. I have been trying to keep up with posting pictures and doing blog posts other than "baby posts", but we have been busy!

BRRR!!

We found a wonderful church that Michael and I LOVE. The church is in it's beginning stages and meets in an old church turned music hall. The congregation is a wonderful mix of young and old with most of its members in their 30s. We have met so many nice people and we really enjoy the sermons each Sunday. This church is a non-denominational church and bases it's values and practices on the gospel. Although this church is very "new age" in ways, I have found that so much of the way that they do things is based in tradition. We take communion every Sunday, which I appreciate because it is a reminder of the sacrifice that Christ did for us and how undeserving we are of his love and yet he is the one that pursues us! This church, in the two weeks that we have attended, has already encouraged my relationship with the Lord. I have found that when I do NOT have community and friends or family to share my heart with, I also stray away from my relationship with God. Being around other believers and by being encouraged by them I find that I am closer to God and in turn closer to my husband! It is fascinating how happiness, community and relationships with family and the Lord are all inter dependant!

The beginning of this move was difficult for not knowing anyone and not really having any kind of social outlet since I do not really have co-workers and I just started my job. But, I have done something that is totally out of character for me and I actually pursued new friendships! I have found making new friends as stressful and awkward as the beginning of a dating relationship. There's this point in the beginning where you don't really know what the other person likes, dislikes and what their values are so it's hard but I am determined! One way I've made friends was by joining a group for mom's that are due with babies in February and March. Five of us met up for dinner last Friday night and I had a wonderful time! 2 of the moms already have kids and the rest of us are new moms. It's so great to be able to share thoughts, questions and advice with one another. I also plan on Michael and I hanging out with one of the other first time moms and her husband sometime soon! The second way we have made friends is with our small group or "city group" with church. In each area in Denver, our church has small groups that meet once a week to dive deeper into what was discussed during the sermon. Our group is awesome and I can't wait to see the relationships develop and to see how God works in each of our lives :)

Now on to some pictures from last weekend. I convinced Michael to take me leaf peeping and although it has been so dry and there is a beetle infestation affecting the trees, we were definitely not disappointed!

 
Snow in the mountains! We should be getting some more this weekend!
 
Beautiful lake right outside of Nederland, CO
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gorgeous colors in the Aspen!
 
 
 
 
We had a great weekend and we are on our way early tomorrow morning to watch the Rebels Play! Hotty Toddy! I will have plenty of pictures from this weekend to share!  I am so excited to be getting to spend the weekend with both of our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment